Re: how to disable pulseaudio

H.S. wrote:

BTW, when pulse audio is running, is alsamixer (the console level
controls) supposed to work? In a laptop running Intrepid, it works, but
on a computer running Hardy it doesn't. On the hardy machine, I get
something like this:
$> alsamixer
*** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to connect: Connection refused

alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: Connection refused

So how does alsamixer related to pulseaudio?

Thanks.

On that hardy machine, the exact message I get is this:
~$ alsamixer
ALSA lib control.c:874:(snd_ctl_open_conf) Cannot open shared library
/usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_ctl_pulse.so

alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such file or
directory

What gives?

ever having been read.