Re: how to disable pulseaudio

H.S. wrote:

BTW, when pulse audio is running, is alsamixer (the console level
controls) supposed to work? In a laptop running Intrepid, it works, but
on a computer running Hardy it doesn't. On the hardy machine, I get
something like this:
$> alsamixer
*** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to connect: Connection refused

alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: Connection refused

So how does alsamixer related to pulseaudio?

Thanks.

On that hardy machine, the exact message I get is this:
~$ alsamixer
ALSA lib control.c:874:(snd_ctl_open_conf) Cannot open shared library
/usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_ctl_pulse.so

alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such file or
directory

What gives?

ever having been read.

  • Re: 8.10 audio and video help
    ... sound and playback issues with mplayer while trying to play any file. ... While the terminal is open, open alsamixer with the command below, and you'll ... left arrow keys allow you to scroll along the different controls. ... supported in the alsa driver, or you may just have to set a model option, as ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Microphone not working after Intrepid upgrade
    ... Look through past posts about microphone & volume. ... I had to use alsamixer to ... last week fixed the sound problem here on my laptop running Intrepid ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Delta66 alsamixer expertise needed
    ... a Delta66 card with ALSA. ... speakers or I can get a mike working through one ... the controls on the Delta666 in alsamixer. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Q about alsamixer:CD
    ... I too have been struggling with sound but am making some progress. ... question that remains after years of fedora: ... It controls the input labeled on CD on the sound card. ... volume controls to CD; play CD; test CD volume control on alsamixer; test kb volume controls: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Fedora Core 9 "sound recorder" error
    ... recorder), I cannot get any sound to record. ... I can open alsamixer within terminal and press F4 for capture but have no idea how to tell if Mic or Line 1 is enabled. ... Volume controls in alsamixer are maxed. ...
    (Fedora)