Re: SMomkey Mail & News Wont Dowmload Retained Server Mail

NoOp wrote:
On 12/18/2008 11:44 AM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
Just reinstalled Hardy and SM due to HDD failure. M&Ns wont download all
the mail retained on the ATTYahoo web mail server as confirmed by
downloading and reading mail on the ATTYahoo web mail site. This
annoyance keeps me from totally leaving the Att web mail service and its
associated issues with web mail and line wrapping. I've looked at the
menus and account settings and preferences and have leave message on
server checked. Looking for a fix, workaround or any solution to this
issue if there is one. Funny thing seen before I removed my replacement
working hard drive to install and retrieve info from the bad drive,
repeat downloading messages did pick up more of the retained messages
but doesn't do that now. Any help appreciated.

It's not supposed to download msgs marked as 'read' on the server. Open
your ATTYahoo webmail. Click your 'inbox', scroll to the bottom of the
msg pane and click 'Check All'. Then click on the "Mark" box and mark
them all unread. Now go back to SeaMonkey, right click on your account
and select 'Get Messages for Account'.

BTW: I see that you are using the Ubuntu 1.1.12 version of SeaMonkey...
the one with all of the missing security patches. Dig out my email on
how to install SM directly follow the instructions. Only difference is
that now 1.1.14 is fully released and so you don't need to do the wget
part from the release candidate site.

Thank you kind sir for the little trick I should have known about but
didn't. I found this reply in my SM junk folder along with a lot of
other list mail and will be glad when SM gets fully trained-:))
I realize that SM is not the latest version; just haven't had time to
look at your retained emails yet. A quick google and I now have it
downloaded to install. Thanks for the reminder.

  • Re: Stop Receive Worm.Automat.AHB Virus
    ... If you're using OE, or web mail, you can set up rules that will filter ... the email from downloading to your computer. ... amount of these, but just to let you know, I only rec'd 2 yesterday (at ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Back from the dead!
    ... Set OE to remove the messages from the server. ... My McAfee picks up some of the spam but most get to my OE ... > Web Mail account and tried to duplicate the problem, ... then downloading the notes I want to keep or respond to into OE. ...
  • Re: SMomkey Mail & News Wont Dowmload Retained Server Mail
    ... the mail retained on the ATTYahoo web mail server as confirmed by ... downloading and reading mail on the ATTYahoo web mail site. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • SMomkey Mail & News Wont Dowmload Retained Server Mail
    ... the mail retained on the ATTYahoo web mail server as confirmed by ... downloading and reading mail on the ATTYahoo web mail site. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Outlook 2003 does not recieve emails
    ... I can access my mailbox using web mail service. ... server is that there are 0 messages awaiting download --> see screenshot at ... that if I pay this amout to the Outlook techs and if they tell me it's all ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)