Traffic Shaping on Linux

Hi I was wondering if anyone had ever tried traffic shaping in linux? My
boss wants me to use FREEBSD to implement traffic shaping on our network
but I really want to stick on using linux in every machine.

So if anyone know how to do this or has any online tutorials please.. I
would like to learn this.

  • Re: Traffic Shaping on Linux
    ... There is a great source of knowledge on traffic shaping, the Linux Advanced Routing and Traffic Control website which also includes examples. ... Manager - Technical, Network and Support Division ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Traffic Shaping on Linux
    ... boss wants me to use FREEBSD to implement traffic shaping on our network ... but I really want to stick on using linux in every machine. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Traffic Shaping on Linux
    ... boss wants me to use FREEBSD to implement traffic shaping on our network but ... You can implement traffic shaping under linux using the iptables firewall rules. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Traffic Shaping on Linux
    ... On Mon, 22 Dec 2008, rjubio writes: ... wants me to use FREEBSD to implement traffic shaping on our network but I really ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: send(2) does not block, send(2) man page wrong?
    ... I'm broadcasting onto the local network. ... With FreeBSD, I lose 60% of the packets. ... If I don't want to saturate the network then I will use kernel level ... traffic shaping to limit the outgoing bandwidth. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)