Re: Traffic Shaping on Linux

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008, rjubio <rjubio@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
Hi I was wondering if anyone had ever tried traffic shaping in linux? My boss
wants me to use FREEBSD to implement traffic shaping on our network but I really
want to stick on using linux in every machine.

So if anyone know how to do this or has any online tutorials please.. I would
like to learn this.

Did you check Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control How-To[1]?

Regards.

[1] http://lartc.org/

  • Re: Traffic Shaping on Linux
    ... boss wants me to use FREEBSD to implement traffic shaping on our network ... but I really want to stick on using linux in every machine. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: send(2) does not block, send(2) man page wrong?
    ... I'm broadcasting onto the local network. ... With FreeBSD, I lose 60% of the packets. ... If I don't want to saturate the network then I will use kernel level ... traffic shaping to limit the outgoing bandwidth. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: Traffic Shaping on Linux
    ... wants me to use FREEBSD to implement traffic shaping on our network but I really ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Traffic Shaping on Linux
    ... boss wants me to use FREEBSD to implement traffic shaping on our network ... Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • RE: Freebsd Theme Song
    ... from the network into the ethernet receiver. ... It takes a certain amount of time to get the packet out of ... At low data rates polling is less ... >Subject: Re: Freebsd Theme Song ...
    (freebsd-questions)