Re: mystery package

Frank McCormick wrote:

root@frank-desktop:/home/frank# apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package xserver-xorg-video-intel is not available, but is referred to by
another package.
is only available from another source
E: Package xserver-xorg-video-intel has no installation candidate
root@frank-desktop:/home/frank#

Ah, here are the message. Please disregard my recent post to your
original message. Aptitude is telling you what the problem is (missing,
obsoleted or available from another source). Did you check ubuntu's
website about this package? For hardy, look here:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/xserver-xorg-video-intel

Weird huh ? It just started doing this.

What does the following give?
$> aptitude why-not xserver-xorg-video-intel

And the following.
$> apt-cache policy xserver-xorg-video-intel

ever having been read.