Re: mystery package

Frank McCormick wrote:

root@frank-desktop:/home/frank# apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package xserver-xorg-video-intel is not available, but is referred to by
another package.
is only available from another source
E: Package xserver-xorg-video-intel has no installation candidate
root@frank-desktop:/home/frank#

Ah, here are the message. Please disregard my recent post to your
original message. Aptitude is telling you what the problem is (missing,
obsoleted or available from another source). Did you check ubuntu's
website about this package? For hardy, look here:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/xserver-xorg-video-intel

Weird huh ? It just started doing this.

What does the following give?
$> aptitude why-not xserver-xorg-video-intel

And the following.
$> apt-cache policy xserver-xorg-video-intel

ever having been read.

  • Re: Question about OO programming in Ada
    ... package, then you can use that type in the child packages. ... But note that, in Ada, a class is a set of types, whereas in C++ ... There is an alternative unique to the Ada language. ... Lists and Nodes ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: g77-3.4, ubuntu 7.10
    ... Reading package lists... ... DRE> I have done: ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Google Gears?
    ... I have Ubuntu 8.04, Kernel ... Reading package lists... ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Package Conflicts With Neither Package Installed
    ... Please refer to the Code of conduct for Debian mailing lists: ... Unable to locate package nvidia-glx-new ... The package you are talking about is not even in Debian. ... never heard of dpkg-divert or of diversions before this. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: More writing/reading streams
    ... Is there anything in English about this package? ... scrwfile changes writing of files. ... lists of floating environments, list of listings, list of algorithms, ... The role of the testers ...
    (comp.text.tex)