Re: Window/ubuntu crash

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
John/Pat Heinen wrote:

Win. xp on the primary will not start anymore {register error) though I
have ubuntu on the second drive doing ok. Is there a way of recovering
files from win.XP?

If the hard drive is still running with XP on it then it should be
easy to save everything. If it no longer runs it is hard to save anything.

Karl

Thanks Karl , see Paul

  • Re: New to group.
    ... Since you can not use a LiveCD this says your computer may not like Ubuntu. ... 73 Karl ... Your going to load a 10.04 version Desktop which bears little resemblance to a Windows but rather the Purple shaded like MAC uses. ... Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Laptop Vista wifi fix
    ... On Wednesday 16 September 2009 04:49:22 Karl Larsen wrote: ... want to put Ubuntu on this computer there is a major problem. ... Since your on Vista you have wifi. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [Book/Manual] Getting Started with Ubuntu 10.04
    ... With a slow DSL Internet it d/l in just a minute or little ... Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI ... When the IPs appear, the connection is established. ... I found it in my ubuntu software center under applications. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Beginner Q1: Linux incapable of handling FDD? CONCLUDED
    ... 73 Karl ... It has a cd-rom read-write and a 40GB hard drive. ... Since it has a cd-rom reader he should be able to download a liveCD of the Ubuntu version he desires and then report if the liveCD looks good on his monitor. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Two disruptive users on ubuntu-users
    ... Karl F. Larsen wrote: ... It makes our community look bad and ... Such unwelcome attitudes hurt the "business" of Ubuntu. ... Ubuntu-users technical support, not for general discussions. ...
    (Ubuntu)