Re: MicroSD card mounts read-only

Dear

My SD have a locker to set it as read-only,
and your?

JIS

2008/12/29 jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>:
darkweasel a écrit :

Doesn't work. It was formatted with a Nokia 5300 mobile phone, which
when formatting also removed all partitions for some reason (but it
didn't work either when it had one, i.e. as I got it from the factory).
But I cannot format or partition it from Ubuntu - GParted reports it's
read-only.

did you try making
chmod g+w /mnt..your mount point

as root?

and are you in the relevant group?

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org

  • Re: Information in Computer Management tool
    ... | Firewall active and an antivirus program installed.> ... There is DEFINITELY something wrong if you are "deleting all partitions and formatting the ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Migrating newby looking for help
    ... Linux has many programs for formatting an unformatted partition. ... When you boot the cd to install linux on the hard drive, ... Normally you need a minimum of two partitions for linux. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Compact Flash Devices
    ... After formatting the CF as FAT32, we are able to create 2 ... partitions, and boot from the primary partition. ... I install a floppy DOS Boot Disk on my Target, ... We have been working with a Silicon Systems CF fixed device (not ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: ADFS and partitions?
    ... formatting it on the RO4.02 RPC, ... I can only assume if it does that ADFS is reading the ... to recognise the disc, since the number of entries isn't one. ... It will be ignored as ADFS does not support partitions. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.hardware)
  • Re: Strange formatting results with Advanced Server 2.1
    ... is says that it is formatting, ... delete all the partitions with fdisk. ... > During Linux install, ... all the partitions were formatted as ext3. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)