Re: How to find IP address of a machine on network?

Derek Broughton wrote:
Karl F. Larsen wrote:

NoOp wrote:

Yep... 4.76-1 works well after using alien. Interesting that the repo
nstat version, when given the following command:

$ nmap -T Aggressive -A -v 192.168.2.*

shows (obfuscation apparent):

??
Host 192.168.2.XXX appears to be up ... good.
The 4.76-1 version shows:

Host <hostname> (192.168.2.XXX) appears to be up ... good.
Interesting ports on <hostname> (192.168.2.XXX):

"Obfuscation apparent" because it isn't showing hostnames?

I believe he means /he's obfuscated/ the host names and IPS.

Matt Flaschen

  • Re: How to find IP address of a machine on network?
    ... Host <hostname> appears to be up ... ... "Obfuscation apparent" because it isn't showing hostnames? ... I believe he means /he's obfuscated/ the host names and IPS. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: How to find IP address of a machine on network?
    ... shows (obfuscation apparent): ... I just obfuscated those rather than display all of the wonderful details ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: How to find IP address of a machine on network?
    ... shows (obfuscation apparent): ... I just obfuscated those rather than display all of the wonderful details ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: domain name
    ... I never had a problem with the hostname. ... troubles when the host is a server on the 'Net with a static IP and ... Seems to me it should return "localhost" in that case, ... configuration internally consistent with a private configuration in ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: hostnames and interfaces
    ... Apache documentation on doing virtual hosts and maybe do some ... A fully Qualified Host Name consists of two main parts. ... During installation, when it asks for hostname, it wants a Fully ... service what DNS server will be providing DNS service for that domain. ...
    (freebsd-questions)