Re: (No subject header)

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 9:18 PM, Bart Silverstrim
<bsilver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Charlie Dorff wrote:
Hi...
I was thinking about purchasing an Eee PC. What is the best way of installing UBuntu on a computer this small. Should I use a CD like I do with my desktop PC. Also, which version of Ubuntu do I download? I have not bought my Eee PC yet so I am trying to get my questions answered before I buy it. Thank you.

Google for asus eee ubuntu. There's an Ubuntu distro made just for the
EEE PC and the project page should have info on how to install it.

I have it on the 3e 701 and rather like it except:
1. Pidgin is a POS if you are on server with a large no of channels.
I've installed Xchat.
2. Brasero is fairly ordinary - hard to handle isos. Easy install
growisofs cos the libs are already there
3. Sound recording from microphone is hard (or impossible dunno yet) to set up.

Bob
--
In a world without walls who needs Windows (or Gates)? Try Linux instead!

  • >>>> INSTALL UBUNTU <<<<
    ... Ubuntu No Install Screen Boot Scripts ... After Install Ubuntu Server Constantly Reboots ... Which Ubuntu Linux Kernal To Install ...
    (rec.music.progressive)
  • The Big Ol Ubuntu Security Resource
    ... but its default install has flaws. ... are the mods you need to make to protect your system. ... If you've recently switched from Windows to the Linux distribution Ubuntu, ... IT Security has prepared a guide to help you ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • The Big Ol Ubuntu Security Resource
    ... but its default install has flaws. ... are the mods you need to make to protect your system. ... If you've recently switched from Windows to the Linux distribution Ubuntu, ... IT Security has prepared a guide to help you ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 39, Issue 146 LAMP instead XAMP worked OK
    ... Re: LAMP ... find for how to set up a printer in Ubuntu is in version 7.4. ... How did you install LAMP? ... LAMP server software. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 45, Issue 230
    ... from fedora to ubuntu ... Virtual machine ... Ubuntu will ask you if you want to install the ... Unable to send/receive e-mail between my e-mail server ...
    (Ubuntu)