- From: Chris Jeffries <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 17:41:05 +0800
I have been using Ubuntu on my Acer Aspire 1650 laptop for a while.
I noticed that if I use Windows and its on battery, the power management
uner windows turns off the Wi Fi adapter, and if I then boot Ubuntu,
Wifi is not available.
If I make sure WiFi is ON when I power down Windows, the Wifi works just
fine under Ubuntu (8.04, with updates in stalled)
I have been looking for software to control the Acer hardware under
Ubuntu, but not found it yet.
I am relying on WiFi hotspots at the moment, so I have not done a
rigorous search yet, However if anyone happens to have a pointer to a
solution already, I would love to hear.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Firefox 3.0.6
- Next by Date: Using /var/cache/apt
- Previous by thread: Firefox 3.0.6
- Next by thread: Using /var/cache/apt