Re: Firefox lock file?

Smoot Carl-Mitchell wrote:
One more thing to try with Firefox is to force it to create a new
profile for you. Go to the .mozilla/firefox folder and move the
profiles.ini to profiles.ini.old and see if you can get firefox to start
for you.

By golly, that did the trick! Thanks Smoot! I now have to configure
Firefox back to my likings, but that's no big deal, as it is now
starting up with no problems, and I no longer have to use gksu to
accomplish it. 8-)

Now to figure out why Nautilus keeps tossing a crash nearly every time I
shut it down. I guess now I'll install those updates that have been
waiting for me to decide whether or not I was going to re-install Ubuntu.

By the way, do you know how to formulate regular expressions for grep? I
asked about it in a previous post, and I would really like to know what
I was doing wrong there.

Later, Ray Parrish

--
Human reviewed index of links about the computer
http://www.rayslinks.com

  • Re: IE and Firefox Wont Open
    ... Uninstaller) and then did fresh install. ... this for could care less about whether FF opens so I'm inclined to throw ... I'll try looking in the FF Profile Folder for the `parent.lock' file. ... neither Firefox nor IE7 will open. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: IE and Firefox Wont Open
    ... Uninstaller) and then did fresh install. ... this for could care less about whether FF opens so I'm inclined to throw ... I'll try looking in the FF Profile Folder for the `parent.lock' file. ... neither Firefox nor IE7 will open. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: various errors related to configuration (solved)
    ... even after creating a new user profile with the ... Creating a new profile in Firefox does exactly that. ... If it's the plugin that won't run, you'll need to add a link for the ... to install the rpm and failed. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: IE and Firefox Wont Open
    ... After trying many things today I uninstalled FF (used both Add/Remove and Revo Uninstaller) and then did fresh install. ... There were also no folders in the Firefox program files called Updates so nothing to do there. ... These folks I'm doing this for could care less about whether FF opens so I'm inclined to throw in the towel at this point and vow to never ignore what the FF updater says. ... I'll try looking in the FF Profile Folder for the `parent.lock' file. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • [Full-Disclosure] What I meant to say was....
    ... > but I have tried several on Firefox and the exploits doesn't work. ... > As I think I mentioned, I will try to float these questions in the Mozilla ... I have an experimental profile ... I submitted a bug report for the "Tabbed Browsing Extensions". ...
    (Full-Disclosure)