Re: Sendmail slow?

Rashkae wrote:
Smoot Carl-Mitchell wrote:

The alarm is triggered after 5 seconds which is the delay you are
seeing. So the AUTH protocol is the source of the delay.
16288 17:05:24 <... select resumed> ) = 0 (Timeout)

good ol' Auth/Ident, gets them every time. You should consider
configuring firewalls to Reject Ident rather than drop to avoid this
potential problem with other servers you communicate with over the net.
Unfortunately, doing so does mean you aren't stealthed anymore.

Actually my router should be rejecting connections on port 113. The XP
firewall (where my mail client is running) accepts port 113 by default.

--

Knute Johnson

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge
to rule."

H.L. Mencken