Re: download and install

2009/2/19 Jeremy Tyree <jtyree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I downloaded avg freeware, not that I think I need an anit-virus, but just
to be safe, I did, wouldn't install.

You do realise, don't you, that you cannot install and run Windows
programs on Ubuntu?

It is possible via various emulators, but again, it's not a good idea
and is not for beginners!

You don't need any antivirus software on a Linux machine.

Email: lproven@xxxxxxxxx • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven@xxxxxxxxx
AOL/AIM/iChat, Yahoo & Skype: liamproven
MSN: lproven@xxxxxxxxxxx • ICQ: 73187508

  • >>>> INSTALL UBUNTU <<<<
    ... Ubuntu No Install Screen Boot Scripts ... After Install Ubuntu Server Constantly Reboots ... Which Ubuntu Linux Kernal To Install ...
    (rec.music.progressive)
  • Re: Re: Newbie
    ... I have always been a windows user, I tried Linux about two years ... I suffered years of grief and misery with all versions of windows, ... did you really give Ubuntu a fair trial? ... get yourself the Ubuntu CD and try a fresh install. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: OT - help request for the Dark Side
    ... Or some apps may simply fail to function - IRC, news readers, ... The main reason people used to install Little Snitch (don't tell me any ... Then they're only familiar with WP and mail as is used on a Windows ... several PS's and the Ubuntu box would have been nice. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: dual booting Ubuntu 13.04 and Windows 7
    ... Windows 7 Home Premium and had it installed at the shop. ... to dual boot Windows and Linux as I have successfully for the past ... I was able to easily install Ubuntu 13.04. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Cant install Ubuntu successfully along side WindowsXP
    ... Dual booting with Ubuntu 32 bit. ... Finally install was completed and I rebooted. ... Windows partition and on the Ubuntu partition. ...
    (alt.os.linux)