Re: [OT] Why do people detest top posting so much?

Lorenzo Taylor wrote:

Derek,

In the case of responding to a specific user, I can simply put your name
in the message, as I do here.

Of course, and as I said I really don't have an issue with that "style" of
posting - it was just that specific response that could have been a reply
to anybody. And to be absolutely fair to you, it _wasn't_ confusing to me
and many other posting styles could have been much worse.
--
derek

  • Re: benefit fraud
    ... 2006-03-18, Responding to Derek Hornby... ... objectionable imposition by the state. ... But you'd rather have some other relative pick up the tab instead? ... You've completely missed the point Derek. ...
    (uk.people.disability)
  • Re: Labrador has got the technology licked chip & PIN
    ... 2006-02-16, Responding to Derek Hornby... ... should know that those card readers are on extendable wires, ...
    (uk.people.disability)
  • Re: Help with installation
    ... If he talks like a Derek, acts like a Derek, he is a Derek ... you always do but expect some rebuttal along the way unless you want to plonk me also. ... he was responding to the criticism ... duck, it's highly likely to be a duck. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: two steps back
    ... If you're addressing a certain party, you should quote the material ... you're responding to. ... who are selling recordings of smoothjazz would do. ... Welcome brother Derek! ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Lets take a vote here guys Just curious? IJ4 or Batman DK?
    ... cody chunn wrote: ... I think Harry was responding to Derek, but tagged onto your post maybe cause it was last. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)