Re: Installing Stellarium 10.1 in Hardy

Umm - I think the only "one move" solution is dist-upgrade (upgrade to
Intrepid).  Some of those dependencies are pretty heavy - qt and
libstdc++ for two -  and will affect the packages that you currently
have installed (in Hardy).

To be honest, I only briefly scanned over those dependencies and did
not notice the Qt4 requirement. I agree with you that that is a
showstopper right there.

Out of curiosity (laziness), what's new in the later version of
Stellarium (that's not in the Hardy version)?

Redesigned interface. I've played with it on the wife's Intrepid box,
and it really is nice. After a few nights with it, I don't want to go
back to 0.9.x on my own box.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ا-ب-ت-ث-ج-ح-خ-د-ذ-ر-ز-س-ش-ص-ض-ط-ظ-ع-غ-ف-ق-ك-ل-م-ن-ه‍-و-ي
А-Б-В-Г-Д-Е-Ё-Ж-З-И-Й-К-Л-М-Н-О-П-Р-С-Т-У-Ф-Х-Ц-Ч-Ш-Щ-Ъ-Ы-Ь-Э-Ю-Я
ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü

  • Re: Restricted Drivers module wont download nVidia drivers.
    ... We will just have to wait in Hardy ... the middle of a distribution upgrade to intrepid earlier today. ... It does fix two nagging problems that I had reported earlier on this ... I also noticed that early on kde would not come up on the ubuntu ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Intel845 resolution problem
    ... However, I have a system with an i845 with hardy on it, so I ... Intrepid as I blew out the only Intrepid install that I had and haven't ... The only suggestion I would make is to change the driver to "intel" ... Perhaps the intel driver works in Intrepid (the OP's ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Hardy startup progress bar missing after installing Intrepid Ibex
    ... Hardy is great. ... I also want to try Intrepid Ibex. ... I also remember that when I'm installing intrepid, I resized the swap ... Check that swap line UUID from /etc/fstab matches swap UUID from step ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: What to do to get a fix in 8.04?
    ... Given that Hardy is an LTS, I see the requirement to apply the fix to ... that bug indicates that it's not fixed in Intrepid either. ... Does anyone know of a good memory leak detection manager that could be ... via valgrind and log it somewhere. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Intrepid Update from Hardy - KnetworkManager
    ... I just updated my laptop from hardy to intrepid. ... Also I found that the desktop background after the first reboot into ...
    (Ubuntu)