Re: Kernel clock issue "Clocksource tsc unstable"

NoOp wrote:
@Hal: next time, instead of rebooting (you'll still have to go to the
data center most likely), you might try
sudo /etc/network/if-up.d/ntpdate
first. If that resyncs the machine properly without the reboot, then you
might want to look into running ntp on those machines if you aren't
already. And if you are running ntp, have a look at the ntp source. You
can elect to have multiple sources; I use 0.us.pool.ntp.org and have
1.us.pool.ntp.org as the backup. Just a thought...

Here are a few more time servers to try. 8-)

server tick.usask.ca
server tock.usask.ca
server clock.tricity.wsu.edu
server gilbreth.ecn.purdue.edu
server molecule.ecn.purdue.edu
server ntp.ubuntu.com
server europium.canonical.com

My system regularly connects to all of them. It's the way it was set up
on install, as I haven't changed the configuration files for ntpd.

Later, Ray Parrish

--
Human reviewed index of links about the computer
http://www.rayslinks.com