Re: Kernel clock issue "Clocksource tsc unstable"

NoOp wrote:
@Hal: next time, instead of rebooting (you'll still have to go to the
data center most likely), you might try
sudo /etc/network/if-up.d/ntpdate
first. If that resyncs the machine properly without the reboot, then you
might want to look into running ntp on those machines if you aren't
already. And if you are running ntp, have a look at the ntp source. You
can elect to have multiple sources; I use 0.us.pool.ntp.org and have
1.us.pool.ntp.org as the backup. Just a thought...

Here are a few more time servers to try. 8-)

server tick.usask.ca
server tock.usask.ca
server clock.tricity.wsu.edu
server gilbreth.ecn.purdue.edu
server molecule.ecn.purdue.edu
server ntp.ubuntu.com
server europium.canonical.com

My system regularly connects to all of them. It's the way it was set up
on install, as I haven't changed the configuration files for ntpd.

Later, Ray Parrish

--
Human reviewed index of links about the computer
http://www.rayslinks.com

  • Re: restrict line in ntp.conf
    ... find a solid explanation of the 'restrict' line seen in many sample ntp.conf files. ... I'm running NTP v4 on Windows 2003. ... and a client syncs to the Windows 2003 server at ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • [OT] NTP servers - was Re: Kernel clock issue "Clocksource tsc unstable"
    ... And if you are running ntp, have a look at the ntp source. ... server tick.usask.ca ... which is ease the load on the big timeservers and spread the load over ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Fedora Directory Server issue
    ... Are you running NTP? ... what does "ntpq -p" show on each server? ... I am stuck in a very crucial FDS server issue, it would be great if any one of you can help me somehow. ... We are going for a multi master replication. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Another disaster recovery exercise (but not yet)...
    ... I updated a client's Server. ... indeed, I reboot before updating, and after ). ... Chkdsk is all good on all drives. ... Enabling boot logging option at boot - well, ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • RE: Event 19011: SBS Monitoring services wont auto-start
    ... automatically start when rebooting the SBS server. ... Let us ensure the MSSQL$SBSMONITORING service and the Microsoft Exchange ... Please clean the Event logs in event viewer and then reboot the server, ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)