Re: Gnome language layouts, multiple desktops,

On 03/25/2009 12:22 PM, Aart Koelewijn wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:15:30 +0000, Aart Koelewijn wrote:

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:17:34 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

How many screens do you think you will get if you choose 1 column, 1
row?

The applet does not let me choose 1 column, 1 row. Does it let you?

Never tried. One of the reasons I choose Linux long ago, is that it gave
me the opportunety to use multiple screens, as I was used to do with my
Amiga 500. I have 8 screens on my desktop, all in use, 6 on my laptop.
Just tried on my wife's desktop, 8.04 btw. She can choose number of rows
and number of screens. One screen works for her. Next time I fire up my
laptop (8.10) I will try, if I remember.

I just tried, could set number of screens and number of rows on my 8.10
laptop. No problem setting it to just 1 screen.

Gnome - Intrepid: right click the screen icon in the top panel, select
preferences, enter the amount of workspaces you want.

Gnome - Hardy: Same as above except enter the number of workspaces you
want in the column box - leave the Rows at 1.

Both work with or without compiz.