Re: Gnome language layouts, multiple desktops,

On 03/25/2009 12:22 PM, Aart Koelewijn wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:15:30 +0000, Aart Koelewijn wrote:

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:17:34 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

How many screens do you think you will get if you choose 1 column, 1
row?

The applet does not let me choose 1 column, 1 row. Does it let you?

Never tried. One of the reasons I choose Linux long ago, is that it gave
me the opportunety to use multiple screens, as I was used to do with my
Amiga 500. I have 8 screens on my desktop, all in use, 6 on my laptop.
Just tried on my wife's desktop, 8.04 btw. She can choose number of rows
and number of screens. One screen works for her. Next time I fire up my
laptop (8.10) I will try, if I remember.

I just tried, could set number of screens and number of rows on my 8.10
laptop. No problem setting it to just 1 screen.

Gnome - Intrepid: right click the screen icon in the top panel, select
preferences, enter the amount of workspaces you want.

Gnome - Hardy: Same as above except enter the number of workspaces you
want in the column box - leave the Rows at 1.

Both work with or without compiz.

  • Re: Desktop Architects
    ... why would people who care about configurability so much use GNOME ... given it's low reputation for configurability? ... The screens however do ... Again, that bug report is about workspaces, not screens. ...
    (GNOME)
  • Re: All red screens (???)
    ... Thanks SO much Richard for the common sense advice! ... As to desktop vs. laptop, I heard/read that they don't last as long and ARE ... your RAM memory options are greater and software ... Yesterday for the first time in my computer life the screens turned ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Why I hate Mac & OSX
    ... be a pleasant surprise as an upgrade to my 2005 vintage G4 laptop. ... those in the Windows mindset tend to throw up their hands ... All keys which you as a coder use a lot. ... incorrectly calibrated screens. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Best way to block laptop light
    ... I use a laptop to control my CCD camera and telescope ... deepest red film (used only normally for large stage lights, ... and is not affected by dark colour schemes ... systems sold for use on aircraft, as 'privacy screens', and these block ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Re: Using 3 Screens with Laptop
    ... Right now, I can only use two screens at a time--either the laptop screen and one LCD, or both LCDs without the laptop screen. ... video connection, and split the image to fit two monitors. ... TripleHead2Go comments - VGA or DVI in, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)