Booting ubuntu iso off of hard drive
- From: Daniel Kolbo <kolb0057@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 15:53:17 -0400
The ubuntu installer for the hd-media (9.04) is not recognizing the iso.
I am using:
EEE PC 1000 HA
WindowsXP Home SP3
Intel® Atom N270 1.6 GHz
1 GB DDR2 RAM
I have an NTFS primary partition at hda(0,0) (C: drive), i have a Fat32
partition at hda(0,1) (L: drive).
I changed the windows boot.ini to boot into grub4dos (0.4.4). I changed
one of my menu options to:
title New Install
the above two files are located at
I also have iso located at:
The grub4dos boot works. Selecting the 'New Install' menu option seems
to load up the two files just fine. The problem is installers can't
seem to read the iso file. The installer says it found possible isos,
but the installer complains that either the cdrom drive (which i don't
have) is having issues or the iso is corrupt.
From cygwin when i do 'file ubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso' i get "...ISO9660 CD-ROM filesystem data UDF filesystem data...."
Any help would be much appreciated.
(no i don't have a thumb drive)
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: missing programs, books for beginners?
- Next by Date: Access to folders inside V-Box
- Previous by thread: missing programs, books for beginners?
- Next by thread: Access to folders inside V-Box