Using USB flash as swap space.
- From: Ray Parrish <crp@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 12:02:59 -0700
I recently read an article that states that using a USB flash drive as
swap space can help speed up a low memory system since the flash drive
is faster than a hard drive.
Could someone walk me through the list of commands needed to mount a
flash drive, and specify it as a swap space in Hardy?
I would also like to know how to get it set up in fstab so it will
Thanks for any help you can be.
Later, Ray Parrish
The Furure of Technology
Ray's Links, a variety of links to usefull things, and articles by Ray.
Writings of "The" Schizophrenic, what it's like to be a schizo, and other
things including my poetry.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: Ad-blocker And a similar subject
- Next by Date: Re: Ad-blocker And a similar subject
- Previous by thread: Jaunty evolution update is due when?
- Next by thread: Re: Using USB flash as swap space.