Re: Using USB flash as swap space.
- From: Ray Parrish <crp@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 11:12:30 -0700
Siggy Brentrup wrote:
On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 12:02 -0700, Ray Parrish wrote:Sadly no... I have searched my browser history, and can find no evidence
I recently read an article that states that using a USB flash drive as
swap space can help speed up a low memory system since the flash drive
is faster than a hard drive.
Do you have a reference of said article?
When and where was it published?
that I read such an article, and am beginning to wonder if I
hallucinated it. 8-) Maybe I read it on my friend's computer and then
looked up information on the flash drives afterwards on mine, as I do
find quite a few links to flash articles in my history for yesterday.
The Furure of Technology
Ray's Links, a variety of links to usefull things, and articles by Ray.
Writings of "The" Schizophrenic, what it's like to be a schizo, and other
things including my poetry.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: I Need to Ask an Oracle Oracle.
- Next by Date: Re: Using USB flash as swap space.
- Previous by thread: Re: Using USB flash as swap space.
- Next by thread: Re: Using USB flash as swap space.