Re: Using USB flash as swap space.

Siggy Brentrup wrote:
On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 12:02 -0700, Ray Parrish wrote:

I recently read an article that states that using a USB flash drive as
swap space can help speed up a low memory system since the flash drive
is faster than a hard drive.

Do you have a reference of said article?
When and where was it published?

Sadly no... I have searched my browser history, and can find no evidence
that I read such an article, and am beginning to wonder if I
hallucinated it. 8-) Maybe I read it on my friend's computer and then
looked up information on the flash drives afterwards on mine, as I do
find quite a few links to flash articles in my history for yesterday.

The Furure of Technology
things including my poetry.

ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: