Re: Mouse features?

Steve wrote:
On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 10:27:32 +0100, Roy Smith <rasmith1959@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:

08/07/2009 09:38 AM, Roy Smith:

Please get a Logitech mouse. They do not say they work on Linux but
they all DO!

Well the basic functions of this mouse work just fine, the left and
right buttons along with the scroll wheel do just as they're expected
do. It's just that there are 2 additional buttons that don't seem to
work in all the programs that I use.

Yes, each program has it's way to interpret mouse events.
all you will have to do is configuring, not writting "your
own program".

Ok, so if writing my own program isn't necessary, then please tell me
how I can get Thunderbird to advance to the next unread message when I
click the left side button of the mouse...and mark a thread as read when
I click the right side button. In the intellipoint software I could
enable customizations for specific programs. So what I did there was
enabled it for TBird and set the left button to simulate pressing the
'n' key on the keyboard, and the right button to simulate pressing the
't' key. I've been through the menus of Thunderbird many times and I
still have yet to find a place where I can specify the keyboard
shortcuts for the program, and that goes for both Linux or Windows
versions...

Does this
http://sillent.blogspot.com/2006/12/mouse-microsoft-intellimouse-explorer.html
offer any inspiration?

Aha!!! Now that looks promising, just wish I knew whatever language
that was in (Spanish maybe?) so I could understand exactly what was
written. So now let's see how badly I can screw up my /etc/xorg.conf
file. ;-)

--

Roy Smith Yahoo - rasmith1959
Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope ICQ - 265622

  • Re: Mouse features?
    ... 'n' key on the keyboard, and the right button to simulate pressing the ... Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope ICQ - 265622 ... Registered Linux User #488144 MSN - rasmith1959@xxxxxxxx ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Mouse features?
    ... 'n' key on the keyboard, and the right button to simulate pressing the ... Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope ICQ - 265622 ... Registered Linux User #488144 MSN - rasmith1959@xxxxxxxx ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Mouse features?
    ... 'n' key on the keyboard, and the right button to simulate pressing the ... Registered Linux User: 473690 ... Registered Ubuntu User: 22747 ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Cant load Ubuntu
    ... I am trying to install 10.04 with EMC. ... of Ubuntu 10.04 from another cd. ... The monitor is and older one that I have used with Ubuntu before ... noticed that at random times the keyboard didn't respond. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Fall back to other OS land... just for now, I hope
    ... There are disability issues behind that move that make extended keyboard ... When I did try this first time it appears text to speech is well ... Linux but not be in love with the CLI approach to doing things, ... installer available in both Ubuntu and Kubuntu? ...
    (Ubuntu)