Re: Very soft sound on new setup

dean wrote:
Is it on an EEEPC on any other form of netbook?

Wade Smart wrote:
Tony Baldwin wrote:

Wade Smart wrote:

I am slowly working through my new system working out the bugs.
Today I noticed that while I have sound - its barely audible.
I checked the master, its all the way up.
Under sound, everything is set to ALSA.

What else can I do?

Wade

Run alsamixer in terminal and check.

/tony

Master is at 55% (as I just had on ear phones)
PCM 100%
Front 81-81%
Surround 0-0
Center 0
LFE 0
Side 0 0
Line 68

Wade

Neither. Its on a Shuttle.
I started playing with the controls and I turned everything up.
Now I have sound. :D

Thanks

Wade

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Linux since June 2005

  • Re: SHM-CDs!!!
    ... standard CDs using a new material which provides better sound. ... This could either be a significant step-up from regular CDs, ... You have a master tape with a bunch of 0s and 1s and you put it on ... to do with 0s and 1s, as the re-mastering philosophy, materials and ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: new song please critique
    ... i figured i had been listening to it for too ... it sounds great on an acoustic guitar track, ... That and a master limiter such as Ultramaximiser ... sound really weird in some systems. ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: The Limits of the LP
    ... ADC and DAC are the same as CD, ... master to its ADC. ... sound from a CD is much more accurate than that from an LP because it has ... It amuses me to read somebody claiming that the least accurate recordings ...
    (rec.audio.opinion)
  • Re: Ripping CDs again
    ... improve the sound of your CD player if you get one. ... Ah - for which one needs an iTunes account. ... player and vinyl. ... to master an okay CD that the job's done by monkeys more often than not. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • RE: Still no sound. I have a Dell Demension 2350 and a Intel 82801Soundcard.
    ... All the sliders are off zero and unmuted, not just master volume, none are that high, but my speakers are turned up so load, the kids in the dorm building over are going to be angry when I finally here this test sound. ... Did you turn all of the volume controls up or just the master volume? ... alias usb-controller ehci-hcd ...
    (Fedora)