Re: error creating the child process for this terminal

On 08/28/2009 08:53 PM, sam R wrote:

/*None of the answers help me to solve the problem. Forgive me I'm new
to Ubuntu*/

Please bottom post.

Did you read my mail? I explained the problem. /dev/pts is not mounted!
Why? I don't know.
But usually, holding down the CTRL and ALT key and pressing one of the 6
F keys (F1 to F6) at the same time should bring you to a terminal. Log
in with your user name and password. Type in "sudo mount -t devpts
devpts /dev/pts" (without the quotes) and hit ENTER, then enter your
password when asked for a password. Hold CTRL and ALT key and press F7
at the same time to go back to your Desktop.

Now, everything should be OK until the next reboot.

Thomas

  • Re: Sticky keys
    ... Your suggestion of using the lock key does appear to work however, I can still not fully use sticky keys to achieve what we need. ... It works fine and it immediately deselect the shift key too but the command run. ... However, if you want Windows not to deselect shift, ctrl or alt key after you press Del key then press the shift, ctrl or alt key twice to lock it down. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Sticky keys
    ... Your suggestion of using the lock key does appear to work however, I can still not fully use sticky keys to achieve what we need. ... It works fine and it immediately deselect the shift key too but the command run. ... However, if you want Windows not to deselect shift, ctrl or alt key after you press Del key then press the shift, ctrl or alt key twice to lock it down. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Knock-on effect
    ... Watch as I press colon three times, holding down the right Alt key (in place of ... the non-existent AltGr) for the second one: ... If you don't have your keyboard defined as "US English International", ... of AltGR, CTRL, with the colon key shifted and unshifted, and don't ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Keys dont work sometimes
    ... Sometimes, when I press a button that is mapped to Alt+some keystroke, the system suddenly thinks that the Alt key is being pressed all the time. ... If I tap and release the Alt key, that clears the state, and keystrokes start working correctly again. ... my suggestion would be to try tapping and releasing the Alt key (perhaps the Shift and Ctrl keys as well) the next time it happens to see if that clears the problem. ... I compose messages in HTML format. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: error creating the child process for this terminal
    ... Type in "sudo mount -t devpts ... devpts /dev/pts" and hit ENTER, ... Hold CTRL and ALT key and press F7 ... could also boot in recovery mode [at the grub menu, ...
    (Ubuntu)