Windows/Jaunty Dual Boot on Notebook Computer
- From: John Graddy <jwgraddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 15:12:16 -0500
I am considering buying a notebook system. All of them seem to come
with some flavor of Vista pre-loaded. I am mainly interested in putting
Jaunty on the system, but would like to keep Vista on it until I am
comfortable that Jaunty will run on the hardware that I purchase.
I have been reading a lot of horror stories about trying to create a
dual-boot system with Vista. Some folks say it's a piece of cake, that
they just installed from the live CD and everything worked fine. Others
tell of being able to boot either Vista or Jaunty, but not both. I have
read about Easy BCD and Virtualbox. I have also read some (seemingly)
endless threads about continued frustration.
Does anyone have some words of wisdom - other that just junk vista?
Thanks in advance.
P.S. Almost all of the notebooks advertise that they support Wirelwss B
and/or G. Will these run on my wireless N home network?
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: touchpad problem
- Next by Date: Re: touchpad problem
- Previous by thread: Ubuntu 9.04 Installation Woes
- Next by thread: Re: Windows/Jaunty Dual Boot on Notebook Computer