Re: touchpad problem

Fred Roller wrote:
ashwin1711 wrote:
Im talking about IBM Thinkpad R50p model

As of 2009-07-27 none of thr R50 series is compatible with ubuntu:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-48NT8D&velxr-layout=printLenovo

I also have a R50 series laptop with Windows 98 SE and have tried
several times to install a Linux with no success. Like you, the LiveCD
will not even run!

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

  • Re: FreeBSD Kernel Internals Documentation
    ... On any given day, on a Windows ... On Linux based forums, terms like: ... Ubuntu, actually, has thrown out the baby with the bathwater. ... FreeBSD). ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: The Beep Function.
    ... Ubuntu but that's a bit trickier to set up. ... On my home PC because of the difficulty in making Windows ... Helmut and found myself dashing to the dictionary onboard my iBook to ... then decided to buy a Mac and this I did. ...
    (comp.lang.basic.visual.misc)
  • Re: Windows over Linux??
    ... You can't compare Ubuntu and XP in such a simple manner. ... If one needs a gaming ... use bochs or qemu for running Windows ... "Grandma, download the latest kernel (do you know where to get it no?, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Ubuntu installation questions
    ... installation and would like to ask a few questions ... pertaining to ubuntu. ... NT-based Windows versions - i.e. Windows NT, Windows 2000, ... Every user account created during the Ubuntu installation procedure is ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Re: Newbie
    ... I have always been a windows user, I tried Linux about two years ... I suffered years of grief and misery with all versions of windows, ... did you really give Ubuntu a fair trial? ... get yourself the Ubuntu CD and try a fresh install. ...
    (Ubuntu)