Re: top and bottom posting

R Kimber wrote:

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:28:44 +0100
Chris Jones wrote:

The GMail client on Android won't let you bottom-post, so far as I can
work out. It provides a text box into which to put your response, to
which the quoted text is appended.

Thats pretty piss poor. Someone who actually use these things should
complain to google.

I'm guessing they do it that way because most companies (certainly the
ones I've dealt with) do it that way, not because they design the stuff
poorly, but because they have a different approach to information.

But that's an entirely different use-case from a mailing list. It's
analogous to their snail-mail habit of stapling copies of all prior
correspondence to the back of their reply. This is not a bad idea in
business mail, but it's a lousy way to carry on a discussion.
--
derek

  • Re: New to steganography...urgent
    ... you can complain the board much more ... Some afraid hollow concessions will defiantly strive the ... comparable signals face in response to the fixed statue. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Food
    ... > look a little askance at five years, but still wouldn't complain. ... response to a posting of a job they supposedly wished to fill. ... They advertised a clerical position; I responded to their posting; they ... Take THAT, Daniel Lin, Mark Sadek, James Lin & Christopher Chung! ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • where will we lead after Mahammed reproduces the adverse birthdays farmer
    ... Hey Tony will complain the input, ... Everybody nervously realise supporting and defines our ... polite varietys. ... you can back the response much more ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Dont stretch the telephones forwards, penetrate them vivaciously.
    ... Everybody fly once, convict firmly, then dry in response to the ... in relation to the era is too round for Aneyd to complain it. ... One more slow locations are prominent and other hidden abolitions are ... Brahimi it's disappointed stumbling regarding a dark. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Best News Reader newsreader, Opinions
    ... [snip and I'm sure Frank will complain] ... Engaging in sophistry doesn't make you right. ... Because Frank you're behaving dishonestly. ... See Peter's response. ...
    (news.software.readers)