Re: Firefox and sound issues

On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 14:03 +1000, dean wrote:
Keith Clark wrote:
On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 13:45 +1000, dean wrote:

Keith Clark wrote:

On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 13:39 +1000, dean wrote:

Keith Clark wrote:

I'm trying to play the following game online with Firefox but I get no
sound. Is this an issue with Ubuntu, Firefox or the site itself?

http://www.classiconlinegames.nl/arcade/112-galaxian

Keith

Hi Keith,

Are you using Pulseaudio or straight ALSA drivers?

Hey Dean,

ALSA. I have noticed that another game on the same site has sound that
works. It might be the site itself it appears. Here is the one that
works: http://www.classiconlinegames.nl/arcade/113-galaga

Keith

Very interesting, maybe try it another browser and see if that makes any
difference.

Yes, I tried in Opera as well. Same issue.

A very isolated incident, umm.. let's see, have you upgraded to the
latest ALSA build which is currently at 1.0.21?

If not try it out, the instructions for the upgrade process are at this
link.

http://webupd8.blogspot.com/2009/09/alsa-1021-upgrade-script-for-ubuntu.html

Dean,

Do you have sound with the given link?

Keith

  • Re: Alsa Sound in 10.04
    ... sound through your external speakers. ... is not coming from Alsa but more from Ubuntu 10.04. ... my external speaker with Ubuntu 9.10 and never actually froze. ... external speakers under Ubuntu 10.0.4. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Firefox and sound issues
    ... Keith Clark wrote: ... Is this an issue with Ubuntu, ... Are you using Pulseaudio or straight ALSA drivers? ... I have noticed that another game on the same site has sound that ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Sound Blaster
    ... I have installed ubuntu 7.10. ... > am happy with it but I haven't been able to install sound in ... I have a sound blaster card. ... make sure ALSA is unmuted (Check Par's link above ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Alsa Sound in 10.04
    ... sound through your external speakers. ... is not coming from Alsa but more from Ubuntu 10.04. ... my external speaker with Ubuntu 9.10 and never actually froze. ... external speakers under Ubuntu 10.0.4. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: no sound with soundmax ADI AD1985 AC97
    ... Become an active member of the Linux Audio Community at Linux Audio Developers or Linux Audio Users ... Learn about how to use applications that support ALSA. ... The most current book about Linux audio is Linux Music and Sound ... run "alsactl store" ...
    (alt.os.linux)