Re: Flash Player Not Working
- From: Andrew Farris <flyindragon1@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:13:46 -0500
On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 07:16 -0400, chandrasekhar s wrote:
What i tried was a simple process. I just went to adobe flash player
website and then downloaded the flash player for Ubuntu 8.04+ version.
When i am trying to install it, it is showing error. The error which i
previously emailed you is being shown by Ubuntu.
Huh... I just searched my synaptic for the package, and it came right
Development files for the NetScape Portable Runtime library
It appears to be in the 'main' repository, so not having a repo enables
isn't the issue either.
sudo apt-get install libnspr4-dev
at a terminal, then try installing the package again.
Even so, Installing from the repositories is usually the best idea...
mainly because the version in the repos gets auto-updated if a newer
version comes out, and usually it's better supported.
hope that helps!
Registered Linux User: 473690
Registered Ubuntu User: 22747
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: can I "just" apt-get dist-upgrade
- Next by Date: Re: can I "just" apt-get dist-upgrade
- Previous by thread: Re: Flash Player Not Working
- Next by thread: fglrx error