Installing from a jar filr
- From: Avraham Hanadari <rufus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:52:08 -0400
My newest challenge involves finding a HTML editor with Homesite
functions. I used Arachnophilia years ago in Windows and I just
downloaded a jar package to see how it is now. This is where I'm stuck.
I've never installed from a jar file before. This is another step in my
The Arachnophilia instructions say:
Put the JAR file you downloaded (Arachnophilia.jar) anywhere appropriate
on your system, be sure you have also installed the Java runtime before
Open a command console (Linux: shell console), move to the Arachnophilia
program directory, type "java -jar Arachnophilia.jar"
For convenience, this command can be made part of a shell script, and
those using X windows can easily make a desktop icon.
1. What is meant by "anywhere appropriate"? Should the jar package be
left on the desktop for this operation?
2. If not, where should I place it?
3. What is the proper syntax for changing a directory?
Thanks in advance.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: Why hasn't Open Office upgraded to 3.01 on an Ubuntu 9.04 system?
- Next by Date: Re: synaptic package manager not in menu
- Previous by thread: sound not working on compaq presario cq61 before and after compiling the new alsa drive
- Next by thread: Re: Installing from a jar filr