Re: ubuntu-9.04-netbook-remix

MICHAEL VIMMER wrote:
Hi LINUX-Friends,

I have a new notebook >Acer Aspire One< (i368), OS >LINPUS LINUX< but with some Acer-own modifications and I am meanwhile realy desperate - I am not able to run or install anything new - even only to upgrade the old >Firefox< because when I try I get a set back from this OS.

To say the least, I am quiet new with LINUX - but tired of decades with Windows I would like to use LINUX, particulary UBUNTU, at least on this small maschine. I already downloaded >ubuntu-9.04-netbook-remix-i386.img< and >FEDORA liveusb-creator-3.7.tar.bz2< but I am not able to install the liveusb-creator and in a dead-end, trying to ask the >source< if there is some simple solution.

I am from Europe, Czech Rep. and presently traveling in Malaysia, short of my homely hardware/software resources.....but with limitless internet and >Boot on LAN< if this is also a point?! (I would already be very happy with, if you could resize the (only) partition so I could install my WINXP from the HD and use my and LINUX tools for WINDOWS to prepare the LiveUSBPendrive and get UBUNTU running.)

here is what i suggest you do. if you know how to use linpus to install
packages, install unetbootin http://lubi.sourceforge.net/unetbootin.html
. have a usb handy. download eeebuntu (i like it better than the netbook
remix) http://www.eeebuntu.org/. once you download the iso image, use
unetbootin to put the iso image onto the usb, then install eeebuntu and
enjoy. if you dont know how to install packages on the aspire one read
this
http://www.liliputing.com/2008/07/how-to-access-advanced-acer-aspire-one.html.

  • Re: how many USB resets per day is normal?
    ... usb 3-2: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2's ... or using a different laptop with the same card reader. ... packages is kept in /etc/apt/sources.list. ... A package failed to install. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Problems when creating Live-boot usb stick
    ... It did not work on my FC7, a couple of packages are missing ... I searched the reps of FC7 and did not find any clue. ... and do an install with the usb stick as your ...
    (Fedora)
  • FS: Complete Linux Recording Package Ready To Roll.
    ... How to install Rehmudi-2.0 ... if you don't have any sound, ... dependencies of Agnula Packages ... ... from the new kernel. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Complete Linux Recording Package Ready To Roll.
    ... How to install Rehmudi-2.0 ... if you don't have any sound, ... dependencies of Agnula Packages ... ... from the new kernel. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2014 #1074
    ... checking the full error correction data. ... the devs and the users in debian is entirely inappropriate, ... Some packages could not be installed. ... I have just tried to install vlc on this laptop. ...
    (Debian-User)