Re: dual boot question

Greg Sander wrote:
I want to know if I can do this. I currently have a dual-boot system using 2 installations of XP - each on a separate hard drive. The first drive has my old installation of XP. The second drive has my new installation of XP. The boot.ini is on the old XP. I want to install Ubuntu over the old XP and end up with a dual boot system. The first drive would have Ubuntu and the second rive would have my new XP. My concern is that the computer looks to the first drive for the boot.ini (and other windows boot files) to give me my current dual-boot option.

Thanks

No Problem. Get the Ubuntu version you want from the Ubuntu
web page and make a cd-rom with the file. Then using the
"Live-CD" choose to do a manual selection of where to put
Ubuntu and put it on top of the old XP. Also tell it to format
that.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

  • Re: New to group.
    ... Since you can not use a LiveCD this says your computer may not like Ubuntu. ... 73 Karl ... Your going to load a 10.04 version Desktop which bears little resemblance to a Windows but rather the Purple shaded like MAC uses. ... Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Laptop Vista wifi fix
    ... On Wednesday 16 September 2009 04:49:22 Karl Larsen wrote: ... want to put Ubuntu on this computer there is a major problem. ... Since your on Vista you have wifi. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [Book/Manual] Getting Started with Ubuntu 10.04
    ... With a slow DSL Internet it d/l in just a minute or little ... Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI ... When the IPs appear, the connection is established. ... I found it in my ubuntu software center under applications. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Beginner Q1: Linux incapable of handling FDD? CONCLUDED
    ... 73 Karl ... It has a cd-rom read-write and a 40GB hard drive. ... Since it has a cd-rom reader he should be able to download a liveCD of the Ubuntu version he desires and then report if the liveCD looks good on his monitor. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Unhelpful Crap from Amedee
    ... that, but anyhow, since you "side" with Karl, you also prove MG's tone ... the philosophy upon which Ubuntu was founded and as a group concerned ... with Ubuntu we must embody those philosophies. ... Skype: thezorch ...
    (Ubuntu)