Re: Version

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 06.10.2009, 21:55 -0700 schrieb Raseel Bhagat:

$sudo lsb_release -a
<enter user password>
This will give the OS codename, Distro name, Version, etc.
just a little nitpick, no sudo needed here, every user can run
lsb_release.

ciao
oli

  • Re: "I wonder if she lets anyone into that island of light?"
    ... but sudo never came my way. ... Basically, "do command as superuser/root". ... Does the system then respond by demanding root ... Actually, it usually demands your user password, and will only allow that ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: How does sudo work these days in F10 ?
    ... With Fedora, sudo asks for the root password, which is the correct way. ... With UBUNTU, it asks for the user password, which means that you cannot let others share your logon id and password. ...
    (Fedora)
  • determining sudo access
    ... I can use sudo -l but that prompts for the user password unless the user is ... try a restricted command they'll get "requires root" instead of "command not ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Version
    ... $sudo lsb_release -a ... <enter user password> ... system will usually display x86_64 ... Another trick is to do "file" on a binary: ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: a few bricks & one kudo
    ... "gksu - GTK+ frontend for su and sudo" ... I 'could' have looked that up I guess, was completely screwed up by a distro I had never used before :-) ... > sudo can be configured to restrict the commands available but users ...
    (alt.os.linux)