Re: Quality of Ubuntu List

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 8:04 AM, Mark Syms <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yep, well done everyone, you've just managed to reinforce every negative
stereotype about Linux mailing lists.

Excellent work, keep it up.

Mark.
I think the best thing to do in a situation like this is to just back
down. Bashing the fellow after he leaves does no good, and just raises
the signal/noise ration. I don't have a problem with joining the list
to get help and then leaving, that's what the list is here for, right?
I, for example, know next to nothing about Linux and Ubuntu, so I come
here for help, but can rarely offer any help of any kind. There are a
few bad apples, but I think the best thing to do is ignore them. Move
on with life. Carpe diem.

  • Re: No more "me too" posts.
    ... Just use a little common sense as to whether your post is ... then adding "my Foobar computer with XYZ video and KLM ... a poster banned very quickly from most Linux mailing lists. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: mailinglist issues
    ... Yahoo and AOL both have similar DMARC, DKIM, SPF settings and senders ... AOL users and those that post to linux mailing lists. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Changeing Collections Indexing
    ... Re:"No one ever seems to drift into OT." ... Jim Cone ... I work a lot in Linux and use various Linux mailing lists. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: mailinglist issues (Was: Fedora-like Linux for 1.99GB RAM?)
    ... You get this warning because of this header in the email..... ... The problem is that mailing lists forging From addresses looks the same ... The only mailing list emails that Gmail sends to spam, for me, are those ... of those come from post to Linux mailing lists. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Quality of Ubuntu List
    ... stereotype about Linux mailing lists. ... Mark ...
    (Ubuntu)