Re: Ubuntu and Magic Jack

Reply back off list if you want me to break it down in laymans term. I have asperger's syndom just like Einstein, the b gates oh hell , and I'm a right brained and do well with intuition, complicated math, and I do well with math, computer science , specially with programming and linux. If this doesn't make sense, I just woke up. I don't use ubuntu because it easy. I often switch between Fedora and Ubuntu as well as run other *nix. Ok its too early here to think straight
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: christopher.lemire@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 11:29:16
To: Ubuntu user technical support,not for general discussions<ubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Ubuntu and Magic Jack

It only works with Skype atm but u have to dial the nums with skype. Go to magic jack website. Support first quarter of 2001. In the mean time. I saw some guide from ubuntuforums or Google. Also u can run an older machine w windows, no. Monitor, just vnc or ssh for windows and also oldest windows that will work w magic jack. Strip down windows, run vnc in service mode. U could try win server 03, but remove all server stuff except install realvnc.com and run in service mode. DO NOT USE WINDOWS AS A FIREWALL OR YOU ARE PLAYIN WITH FIRE. Instead connect through router or a second nic on linux box using a cross over cable from second nic on linux to windows ipmasquading and static ips. Ok hard to type from phone. Give it a shot. Running vmware with unity 24/7 has too much over head. Also start an online petition. I will be first to sign it and so many of my friend. Good luck. Only determination will get you what you want!

Good luck.