Re: Installing XP on Ubuntu

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 7:39 AM, Michael White
<enlightenedshadow@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

------------------------------
*From:* dheeraj bansal <bansalcooldheeraj@xxxxxxxxx>
*To:* ubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Sent:* Wed, October 21, 2009 1:43:10 PM
*Subject:* Installing XP on Ubuntu

Hi Folks,

I want to install XP on an ubuntu machine. Somebody please tell me
that it is possible and then how can do it. Somebody please help me.

Thanks and Regards,
Dheeraj Bansal

Hi, Dheeraj.

I want to let you know that it is possible but you will have to partition
your hard drive. This will allow you to boot up in either XP or Ubuntu. I
can indeed help explain this but before I do I need to make sure that you
understand that, this may cause you to lose data that you have on hard drive
now. If you think that you are up to it and that you will be capable of
completing the somewhat annoying task then please respond back to me and I
will help you.

Hi Dheeraj, There are two ways to do this. First, dual boot, as the other
reply said. Second, install VirtualBox and install and run XP as a virtual
machine. This is what I am using. There are document that you can read.