Re: Installing XP on Ubuntu

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 7:39 AM, Michael White
<enlightenedshadow@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

------------------------------
*From:* dheeraj bansal <bansalcooldheeraj@xxxxxxxxx>
*To:* ubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Sent:* Wed, October 21, 2009 1:43:10 PM
*Subject:* Installing XP on Ubuntu

Hi Folks,

I want to install XP on an ubuntu machine. Somebody please tell me
that it is possible and then how can do it. Somebody please help me.

Thanks and Regards,
Dheeraj Bansal

Hi, Dheeraj.

I want to let you know that it is possible but you will have to partition
your hard drive. This will allow you to boot up in either XP or Ubuntu. I
can indeed help explain this but before I do I need to make sure that you
understand that, this may cause you to lose data that you have on hard drive
now. If you think that you are up to it and that you will be capable of
completing the somewhat annoying task then please respond back to me and I
will help you.

Hi Dheeraj, There are two ways to do this. First, dual boot, as the other
reply said. Second, install VirtualBox and install and run XP as a virtual
machine. This is what I am using. There are document that you can read.

  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 56, Issue 333
    ... to Karl ... Installing Ubuntu ) ... are wasting their time making anti-virus for linux, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 51, Issue 167
    ... Stupid Ubuntu 8.10 ... Installing Intrepid from the Alternate CD ... Installing Intrepid from the Alternate CD ... copy lab drives. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Taking of installing stuff in different OSs ..
    ... I can interchange between Mac and Linux quite easily. ... Of course you didn't 1) See above and 2) Things like installing apps ... And what's this extra stuff that OSX does for you? ... That's not the case with Ubuntu, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • need help
    ... I just update my system to Ubuntu 9.10 and find that I could not connect internet. ... Installing WIcd Using Ubuntu CD After NM Quit ... problem with setting up Xen networking ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [OT] Ping No Stop
    ... My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: ... Ubuntu, you'd want .deb packages. ... Can someone with 98 or XP read a .deb package if I were to ... I installed Ubuntu just now and I have downloaded all the updates which are currently installing. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)