Re: Upgradephobia!

On Saturday 31 October 2009 03:12:08 am David McNally wrote:
Hi.

So how exactly do I create a new install? Would I download and burn the ISO
from ubuntu.com and select certain settings in the installation program?

Yes.

Do not install ubuntu-9.10-alternate-i386.iso.torrent - when I tried that I
got xubuntu 9.04 for some reason

Here are the mirrrors:

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/downloadmirrors

  • Re: WindowsUpdate_80240016 error
    ... They guy has just directed you to download malicious or crapware. ... Update will not install and shows Error Code 80240016 - computer runs forever but nothing happens. ... - but Vista will not allow me to rename the folder even tho I am an Admin ... Stop the Windows Update service ...
  • Re: spyware not working
    ... You cannot really "download from a disc" - you could install. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... More full function applications for CD/DVD burning would be: ...
  • Solution for 646
    ... Before you install the update, click on the link on the page (cannot remember ... I have been trying to download updatees for widows vista. ... "Windows encountered an unknown error" error 646.any suggestions as what to ... that button then run or save the installer package then proceed to execute ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: SUSE/LINUX newbie completely stuck on install -- NIC not recognized
    ... * I was not able to find the ISO disk at suse.com. ... they do have an ISO image available, but for a CD version only--it does not ... through the install, and it would fail. ... "It is not possible to generate installation CDs from a complete download. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Trojan / Adware infection on Windows XP Pro computer
    ... > can install on the infectedcomputer so that I don't have to contect to ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... - Roll back the clock with System Restore ... and some you can only download if you are registered - but it is best ...