Re: pulse audio networking

On 12/05/2009 11:33 AM, Alan McKay wrote:
You'll then be able to choose the default server/sink/etc. I use it all
the time for sound across my systems; they use the speaker system on a
primary system.

You might also find this of interest/use:
http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup

Cool, thanks. I'm just wiping out my wife's laptop now and replacing
CentOS 5.4 with Ubuntu 9.10 :-)

It will be a good test to see how well Ubuntu does on a laptop - took
me forever to get everything working on CentOS over there.

When you get to the stage that you want to output the sound from the
laptop to your system's speakers (or vs a vs) post back & I'll give you
the settings that I use to allow all of my test systems (without
speakers) to port their sound to my system with speakers attached.

  • Laptop sound quality is terrible
    ... series) and all was going well until I put in a DVD and played some music. ... laptop computers have small speakers, but I wasn't expecting the sound to ... They are located at the front of the laptop. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Accurate prediction
    ... BBC Radio 3 is probably the foremost classical music station in the ... Your laptop's sound card is probably quite decent. ... I have just experimented with the Logitech X240 2.1 Speakers: ... My laptop PC has built-in speakers that do a decent job on speech but are ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Laptop sound quality is terrible
    ... This over-driving was causing the distortion. ... "PCM" level way down, the distortion went away completely, and the sound ... If you get the chance to try that laptop again, ... The sound quality of the laptop's internal speakers was awful, ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Laptop sound quality is terrible
    ... The sound quality of the laptop's internal speakers was awful, ... that laptop computers have small speakers, but I wasn't expecting the sound ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Why We Need Audiophiles
    ... credibility by painting Fremer as a nut in the opening ... But for this kind of money I'd ... speakers driven by Halcro monoblocks, ... automatically sound great. ...
    (rec.audio.opinion)