Re: pulse audio networking

On 12/05/2009 11:33 AM, Alan McKay wrote:
You'll then be able to choose the default server/sink/etc. I use it all
the time for sound across my systems; they use the speaker system on a
primary system.

You might also find this of interest/use:
http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup

Cool, thanks. I'm just wiping out my wife's laptop now and replacing
CentOS 5.4 with Ubuntu 9.10 :-)

It will be a good test to see how well Ubuntu does on a laptop - took
me forever to get everything working on CentOS over there.

When you get to the stage that you want to output the sound from the
laptop to your system's speakers (or vs a vs) post back & I'll give you
the settings that I use to allow all of my test systems (without
speakers) to port their sound to my system with speakers attached.