Re: Upgrading flshplugin

On 12/10/2009 04:44 AM, stan wrote:
I have a number of machines that cannot connect directly to the outside
world. These machines are able to receive their updates using approx. This
all works well most of the time. This morning, though I ran into an issue.
flashplugin-non-free has an update. It appears that what gets downloaded
from the proxy is an installer, and that this installer needs to get the
actual binary from the outside.

In my case, this causes the apt-get upgrades to fail on all the machines
that cannot access directly the outside.

I would think that I could just manually copy this binary over from the
machine that can access the outside to the ones that cannot, right?
But what file do I need to copy, and where do I need to put it so that the
inside machines will recognize that they do not have to obtain it
themselves?

In the machine with the outside access that has been updated: open a
terminal and:

$ locate libflashplayer.so

$ locate libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so

On SeaMonkey I simply use 'about:plugins' and it gives me the exact
location:
Shockwave Flash

File name: /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so
Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42

However I am not able to do the same on Firefox; Fx only gives me the
version.

Shockwave Flash

File name: libflashplayer.so
Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42