Re: Thread hijacking

Wade Smart wrote:
thomas wrote:
Peter Humphrey wrote:
As a newcomeer to this list I'm intrigued to know whether the hijacking of
threads is commonplace and accepted here. On other lists I know, any such
behaviour is stamped on instantly, yet it keeps happening here with impunity.

I was accused of hijacking threads. Then someone told me what hijacking
treads was and I
stopped. Maybe people are clueless to hijacking. I am using Thunderbird
and I would start new
threads by deleting the content of a posting and then make a new one.

Thomas

Thread hijacking can be either: posting a different problem under a old
topic OR deleting the contents of a email and posting a new problem. To
start a new thread - start a totally new email.

Wade

I was also wondering about the mailing list, is it something like: you
have a problem and you post your message no matter if someone else had
the same problem already before on the mailing list, but you didn't
notice that or maybe it was long time ago?
Is that OK or we need to search the archives before posting?
By the way, I like IRC :)

Best,
Jozsef

  • RE: sunmanagers Digest, Vol 2, Issue 14
    ... Solaris x86 cisco vpn client ... Read this before posting to Sun-Managers ... SUMMARY: SunCluster 3.2: LogicalHost resource not bringing ... are many other lists and newsgroups for which the question may be completely ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Thread hijacking
    ... On other lists I know, ... I was accused of hijacking threads. ... threads by deleting the content of a posting and then make a new one. ... posting a different problem under a old ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: sunmanagers Digest, Vol 22, Issue 11
    ... Read this before posting to Sun-Managers ... Do you also recommend to upgrade sun cluster 3.1 to sun cluster 3.2? ... indeed I found that zpool import -D could only get back said empty pool. ... are many other lists and newsgroups for which the question may be ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Why do people detest top posting so much?
    ... "tell" about me based on the fact that I posted in HTML? ... with Noberto's remark about people "from Outlook" feeling top-posting is ... defaulted for *top posting*. ... You just happened to rub a raw wound on the lists. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: UKSF Stats (October 2005)
    ... I don't think that's the fault of the newsreaders, ... > posting went, on the same PC. ... Am I blaming things on my car, or just pointing out that it's ... I like to randomise my lists from time to time. ...
    (uk.sport.football)