Network Drive Installation without using Samba

Folks,

I have a network of 4 systems, all running 8.04LTS. I would like to
obtain and install a Network Drive without using Samba. The only info I
have found about installing and accessing a Network Drive seem to use
Samba. I do not need nor do I want an interface to other than Ubuntu
based systems that OD NOT dual boot.

How do I go about it?

Thanks,
Jay
--

Jay Ridgley
jridgley2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: problem Installing GUI in Ubuntu server 7.04
    ... one more question,Can I work with samba using DHCP instead of static IP?. ... I have problem installing the gui in ubuntu server,I have tried to install ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Path command
    ... read out when I try to start samba ... So I typed in sudo apt-get install samba4 and it said it would use so ... It has been a while since I have used a Ubuntu system. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • questions about xfce
    ... I recently installed xfce on one of my systems (ubuntu 10.04 LTS) to see what it was like. ... I used the command sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop for the installation. ... How to disable the screen saver lock? ... Registered Linux User ID - 9115 ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: cant install
    ... My system fell over recently (I updated Arch Linux, ... Are you trying to install using the standard desktop CD? ... Registered Linux User: 473690 ... Registered Ubuntu User: 22747 ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Help with installation
    ... It will format it for you I think. ... Despite the numerous recommendations to use an alternate CD to install, ... Registered Linux User: 473690 ... Registered Ubuntu User: 22747 ...
    (Ubuntu)