Re: openoffice, FILE MISSING, ubuntu write NTFS

________________________________
From: Andrew Farris <flyindragon1@xxxxxxx>
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, December 21, 2009 6:27:35 PM
Subject: Re: openoffice, FILE MISSING, ubuntu write NTFS

On Sun, 2009-12-20 at 06:52 -0800, Fc Uk wrote:
I run <sudo find / -name 'XXXXX.ods'> in my terminal.

nothing echo, after ~1 min searching.

It had been on that folder for more than at least three weeks.

I guess I will give up....

as a last resort, if you remember where you saved it, you could always
try to use data-recovery software from within windows to try and find
your file. I've used this in the past: http://www.piriform.com/recuva
It's a decent little program, and it's free, but I don't recall if it
finds OpenOffice docs or not. At this point though, it certainly can't
hurt.

Thank you. I have been starting writing from zero again these days. That file was gone.
And yes you are right, data-recovery software usually work for me before, but not this time. I even guess some one else delete it when I am not here. aha:)

--
Andrew