Re: openoffice, FILE MISSING, ubuntu write NTFS

________________________________
From: Andrew Farris <flyindragon1@xxxxxxx>
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, December 21, 2009 6:27:35 PM
Subject: Re: openoffice, FILE MISSING, ubuntu write NTFS

On Sun, 2009-12-20 at 06:52 -0800, Fc Uk wrote:
I run <sudo find / -name 'XXXXX.ods'> in my terminal.

nothing echo, after ~1 min searching.

It had been on that folder for more than at least three weeks.

I guess I will give up....

as a last resort, if you remember where you saved it, you could always
try to use data-recovery software from within windows to try and find
your file. I've used this in the past: http://www.piriform.com/recuva
It's a decent little program, and it's free, but I don't recall if it
finds OpenOffice docs or not. At this point though, it certainly can't
hurt.

Thank you. I have been starting writing from zero again these days. That file was gone.
And yes you are right, data-recovery software usually work for me before, but not this time. I even guess some one else delete it when I am not here. aha:)

--
Andrew

  • Re: Ubuntu vs Freespire
    ... wireless hardware manufacturers are not playing ball with linux. ... > But if FreeSpire can detect it, ... Probably because Ubuntu does not support that hardware and driver, ... >> I seriously doubt that OpenOffice can't handle what they need. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: OpenOffice instability issues
    ... Very strange indeed....I have never experienced this problem with Ubuntu. ... OpenOffice has always ran flawlessly for me... ... ended up with certain images missing, ... I attach a screen shot of what happens to the system memory after ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Enttaeuscht von Linux
    ... Reihe von Linux-Distributionen die mit weniger RAM auskommen als Ubuntu. ... Nur 100 MB Ram waere fuer mich ein Grund, kein OpenOffice zu verwenden. ... Ansonsten kostet sie mehr CPU als sie Zeit beim laden von Platte ... als die CPU waere (ist beim von dir genannten Rechner nicht der Fall) ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)
  • Re: locale and OpenOffice
    ... international standard formats for things like dates and measurements. ... Now I want OpenOffice to use the metric system (i.e. centimeters ... But I saw on a completely German Ubuntu OpenOffice ... lists for OpenOffice.org developers and a few lists for other languages than ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Word 2003 has stopped working
    ... I immediately get an error message ... that tells me Word has stopped working when it hasn't even opened. ... OpenOffice and Ubuntu. ...