Re: installing MP -190

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:58:20 -0000, Gary Kirkpatrick <pegngary@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

As libcupsys2 isn’t installed you’ll need to install it from

http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/c/cups/libcupsys2_1.3.9-2ubuntu9.3_all.deb

apt-get -f install to get rid of the broken package if need be.

Install libcupsys2, cnijfilter-common, cnijfilter-mp190series and you
should now have the MP190 in CUPS. Haven’t tried the scanner driver yet.
I can’t confirm if the printer works as I don’t have this model.

installed libcupsys2 ok.
sudo apt-get install libcups2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libcups2 is already the newest version.
B ut then "E: Couldn't find package cnijfilter-common"
And then:
gary@garynetbook:~$ sudo apt-get install cnijfilter-mp190series
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package cnijfilter-mp190series

cnijfilter-common, cnijfilter-mp190series are two of the packages you
downloaded, I couldn’t be bothered to type their full names. Install them
by double-clicking like you attempted before.

--
Steve