Re: linux printers for sale

Jonathan D. Armendariz wrote:

Agreed. Where I work at our products are geared for Mac and Windows but
little official love for Linux. Some of us have some working knowledge
of Linux (not just *buntu) so it helps on the rare occasion it's needed.

Another trend that I personally have noticed; a Linux directory exists
on the CD which comes with new printers. Necessary drivers and
instructions are usually there for the printer though Ubuntu has done a
decent job of auto detecting printers on my network (I only get network
printers). If all else fails then I can always try digging out the ppd
file on a disk and install in that fashion (haven't needed this method
in a while.) I did dig this site up with a quick search:

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/database/databaseintro

For instance, I recently purchased a Samsung CLP-310 color laser which
has the Samsung unified Linux driver on the CD, same with a couple of
Brothers I have had in the past. Look on the CD and see if you have a
directory for Linux. Perhaps we could start a list free for any one to
post on their site to help get the word out. I will see if I can dig up
some of my older disks. If nothing else it will give the spiders to
chew on. :-P

_Manufacturer Model OS installed
Driver on Disk_
Samsung CLP-310 9.04_64
Yes

--
Fred
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like linux, simple. If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."

  • Re: What is your price on a low-cost LINIX printer?
    ... anything you pick out will work' is good advice to be giving to linux ... The problem is, some printers claim to be Linux compatible but, the the ... driver only offers a subset of the functions available. ... the driver that comes on the standard Ubuntu install only ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Samsung ML-1710 Laser Print3er
    ... > with a Linux machine? ... > indicates that Samsung supports Linux for this printer, ... Basically, the Samsung GDI printers work fine, and there is a choice ... The gpl gs driver works pretty well, ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: max-io-size
    ... these functions also call driver io ... anything about the linux model. ... How can i get more info about linux kernel. ... Is there anyway to monitor linux disk cache? ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: Problems Installing FC1 to SATA Hard Disk
    ... On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 20:25, Chadley Wilson wrote: ... >> SATA HDD is the only Hard Disk in the system. ... > Enjoy the adventures of Linux ... I have got the link from MSi for your driver here it is... ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Adaptec 1542C with NT4
    ... The driver for the Adaptec Controller is installed and started. ... Linux might be a solution for the disk, ...
    (comp.periphs.scsi)