Ubuntu Router misc questions

Hello,
i'm trying to understand how ubuntu server 8.04 firewall is made, while i
always got configured earlier versions for internet routing, and now i'm
confused.
I set up my both network interfaces (eth0 with dhcp and eth1 with static IP
for internal network). I also configure dhcp3-server and it works. While i
connect some PC to this router, i have no internet access. I've tried the
UFW which is new for me and it's confusing while using both iptables and bsd
type configuration. Tried traditional ip tables, but still it doensn't work.
If someone could show me the right way - i mean the easiest firewall
configuration.

Thank You!

--
Regards,
Donatas

  • Re: Big hole??
    ... > firewall then even they can't get in, ... > supposedly safe SP2 for Windows XP invites any Internet ... > Connection Sharing of the PC has to be disabled. ... > in fact is a common configuration and not a rare sight. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Question about pf/routing
    ... hardware firewall, and route traffic destined for internal traffic ... send traffic destined for the Internet to this server, ... pass out on $ext_if inet proto icmp all icmp-type 8 code 0 keep state ... Tightening the configuration a little might be warranted, ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
  • Re: Configuring OWA on SBS 2003
    ... and from the server, but not sure what's changed there. ... I told it to skip configuring the firewall. ... Web services on your server's default Web site to be available through the firewall to users on the Internet: ... An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Configuring OWA on SBS 2003
    ... I went as far to reboot the server (sorry to the person who was in the ... I told it to skip configuring the firewall. ... firewall to users on the Internet: ... An error occurred during the processing of a configuration ...