Re: Lucid not stable before end of april

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

       I need to write this because people keep coming up with
reasons why Lucid 10.04 is not yet stable. This is not true.

Stable means that it does not crash but it also means that it does not
change much. As the devs work on adding things and improving things,
they will BREAK stuff that works for you know. You can count on it!
Also just because it is stable for you on your computer does not mean
it will be on ALL target computers.

       I loaded Lucid 64bit Alfa version as a LiveCD into it's own
partition. Just what was on the cd-rom and what I got from
about 100 updates over a week or so. At first it was good but
had faults. The updates and some actual data asking me to
apt-get install a few things has made it perfect. It is as
good as I expect to see the final Lucid after April 2010.

       Those who tell me that Lucid is unstable, I suggest your
wrong. Your not using Lucid and I am. It is working fine. I
discovered I could not install k3b but that was because it was
not all in the Lucid repository. A day later someone put it
there and I have k3b.

       There are at least a few updates every day. I think this is
normal for an Alfa version at this time. If knowing what I do
now, that an Alfa version of some new Ubuntu is available I
will d/l that. It works.

73 Karl

--

       Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
       Linux User

Douglas E Knapp

Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.

  • Re: Lucid Beta 2 ==> Lucid RC
    ... updates will always get you to the latest state ... ... I am asking firstly because there is nothing shown when booting Lucid to ... haven't been any upgrades for several days but this morning there were ... all changes to packages have to be reviewed ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Lucid now stable
    ... I may have a Beta version now. ... lucid-updates is quite slow. ... There are so many daily updates that your next post might very well be ... "Lucid now unstable"... ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Lucid not stable before end of april
    ... Every morning I turn on my computer and there is Lucid 10.04 ... Are you getting updates daily to your Lucid in a virtual ... Karl, I believe that I have read that you are in your seventies and I ... Ubuntu with the Lucid grub2. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Lucid not stable before end of april
    ... I loaded Lucid 64bit Alfa version as a LiveCD into it's own ... The updates and some actual data asking me to ... Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: ksplice?
    ... ksplice is included in both ubunty jaunty and lucid - just install it ... so are the updates being offered in a format that will take advantage ...
    (Ubuntu)