Re: Lucid not stable before end of april

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

       I need to write this because people keep coming up with
reasons why Lucid 10.04 is not yet stable. This is not true.

Stable means that it does not crash but it also means that it does not
change much. As the devs work on adding things and improving things,
they will BREAK stuff that works for you know. You can count on it!
Also just because it is stable for you on your computer does not mean
it will be on ALL target computers.

       I loaded Lucid 64bit Alfa version as a LiveCD into it's own
partition. Just what was on the cd-rom and what I got from
about 100 updates over a week or so. At first it was good but
had faults. The updates and some actual data asking me to
apt-get install a few things has made it perfect. It is as
good as I expect to see the final Lucid after April 2010.

       Those who tell me that Lucid is unstable, I suggest your
wrong. Your not using Lucid and I am. It is working fine. I
discovered I could not install k3b but that was because it was
not all in the Lucid repository. A day later someone put it
there and I have k3b.

       There are at least a few updates every day. I think this is
normal for an Alfa version at this time. If knowing what I do
now, that an Alfa version of some new Ubuntu is available I
will d/l that. It works.

73 Karl

--

       Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI