Re: sudo versus #

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, Steve wrote:

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 20:00:29 -0000, KAYVEN RIESE <kayve@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have been using command line unix
for a long time. I don't make mistakes. What is the real implications of sudo?

I was always told the only people that don’t make mistakes are those that are doing nothing :D

you can make a mistake using sudo just as easily or easier it seems to me.

--
Steve

  • Re: sound volume issue
    ... >> I generally use sudo myself, but know it's not installed on all systems. ... >> I use su so infrequently I'd muffed the syntax. ... And we all learn from our mistakes. ... Which means if I make a goof like ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Setting System Time (stime())
    ... It is possible that you have not been as careful as sudo in doing all ... the checks, and even so, sudo has a history of mistakes that had to be ... So if somebody can see the code to your suid program and find ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Scientific Medicine? Ha, ... Hah, Ha! Tell me another good one. :)
    ... Steve claims to have filterd me out. ... him responding to the thrashing that I gave him below. ... > deaths there are from iatrogenic mistakes, ... Every death caused by a medical mistake should be reported as such. ...
    (sci.med)
  • Re: Scientific Medicine? Ha, ... Hah, Ha! Tell me another good one. :)
    ... Steve claims to have filterd me out. ... him responding to the thrashing that I gave him below. ... > deaths there are from iatrogenic mistakes, ... Every death caused by a medical mistake should be reported as such. ...
    (sci.med.nutrition)
  • Re: Sony wakes up and smells the copy, scraps ATRAC.
    ... used a phrase in a way where you were not understood - but ... Steve: I have given you plenty of attention recently. ... no matter how kindly your mistakes are pointed pointed out. ... terms how your ability to understand what you read is repeatedly poor. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)