Lucid has no g++

Here is what I tried:

arl@Lucid:~$ gcc
gcc: no input files
karl@Lucid:~$ g++
The program 'g++' can be found in the following packages:
* g++
* pentium-builder
Try: sudo apt-get install <selected package>
karl@Lucid:~$ sudo apt-get install g++
[sudo] password for karl:
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg
--configure -a' to correct the problem.
karl@Lucid:~$ sudo dpkg --configure -a
Setting up initramfs-tools (0.92bubuntu64) ...
update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)

Processing triggers for initramfs-tools ...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-12-generic
cpio: ./lib/udev/firmware.sh: Cannot stat: No such file or
directory
update-initramfs: failed for /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-12-generic
dpkg: subprocess installed post-installation script returned
error exit status 1
karl@Lucid:~$ sudo apt-get install g++
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg
--configure -a' to correct the problem.
karl@Lucid:~$

I find running dpkg --configure -a fails too.

Too early for g++ on Lucid. Back to good old 9.04 where all my
computing works.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

  • Re: 10.04 rc update problems
    ... My _guess_ is that the upgrade missed various packages when your ... Once there select the dpkg menu item & let dpkg ... $ sudo dpkg --configure -a ... Boot into the standard kernel (not recovery mode) & see if all is ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Jaunty Update Manager is broken
    ... NoOp wrote: ... password for karl: ... sudo asked for password and then the update manager ... And the Update Manager works fine now. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: rsync backup
    ... Karl F. Larsen wrote: ... I have looked at man rsync which is confusing, ... sudo is required to process the system files. ... # -l copy symlinks as symlinks ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Debian sid root path issue
    ... dpkg: warning: 'ldconfig' not found in PATH or not executable. ... dpkg: error: 2 expected programs not found in PATH or not executable. ... Any apt-get subcommand that calls dpkg as a subprocess (install, ... if I use sudo. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Jaunty Update Manager is broken
    ... Terminal to start the Synpatic File Manager and re-load the Update ... Remember that once you've entered your password, sudo, gksu, etc., will ... password for karl: ...
    (Ubuntu)