Re: Lost Sound with Upgrade to 9.10

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 17:27:14 -0000, <robfleet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greetings all,

Has anyone else had problems with sound (meaning NO sound) after
upgrading from Ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10? I thought maybe I had a sound card
problem but I have installed other distros (this is on a non-production
machine) on this computer and have no problem with sound whatsoever so
it seems to be a 9.10 problem.

If anyone knows of a fix, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Have you checked nothing is muted, right click on panel icon for sound
preferences.

--
Steve

  • Ctrl+ mouse left click
    ... Sound Coming in headphones as well as speakers ... Ubuntu Netbook Remix: Weird WiFi Problem... ... Please point to the bug so that i can wait for its resolution and get ... in it seems to be preventing me from install Ubuntu 9.10 on it ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: A question about how to ask a question
    ... I mentioned that sound through the other sound card works. ... You could compare module list between the ubuntu and the debian ... Well, the Ubuntu install is much older than Debian, thus there is likely ... You could put this info in your alsa bug report, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Ubuntu and Multimedia (audio, in particular)
    ... I have a laptop -- a Sony -- with a built-in sound system. ... Ubuntu recognises both sound systems and loads drivers for them. ... Despite my setting the default sound card in System->Preferences->Sound to my Sound Blaster, the only thing that reliably plays sounds out to the Sound Blaster are the system event notifications. ... Totem, in particular, will play at random to my Sound Blaster or to my internal sound card There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to which one it chooses. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Well, Windows is back on the disk.
    ... Mysterious hardware and software failures ... > sound goes to where I want it. ... > The Ubuntu experience -- and keep in mind that I think Ubuntu is the ... > work on one sound card and if that sound card (ironically the one with ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 57, Issue 91
    ... Re: Wubi Install: was Re: ... How can I make my scanner permissions permanent? ... permissions might get created by Ubuntu. ... Subject: Sound Problems ...
    (Ubuntu)