Re: Linux Forums unreachable.

On Fri, February 19, 2010 06:01, Ray Parrish wrote:
Hello,

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the Linux Forms? Here is what I
get -

>Network Timeout

>The server at www.linuxforums.org is taking too long to respond.

>The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the
browser has >stopped waiting for a reply.

I get a daily email from them with head lines, and forum post subjects
as links, and every time I try to click one, I get the can't be reached
error.

A useful tool to check if the problem is at your end is
downforeveryoneorjustme.com:
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.linuxforums.org

Seems like it's just at your end.

A friend of mine has a motto: "Everything is a freaking DNS problem". It's
actually printed on the back of his company tees. :-)
So first check your DNS server. Are you using the DNS that your ISP
provides? Try OpenDNS 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 or Google DNS:
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
Then come back with the results.

--
Amedee

  • Re: Replication issues
    ... I wanted to say Zone Transfers not Zone Forwarding. ... AD-Integrated DNS does not do zone transfers between the ... your DNS server will bypass ...
  • Re: Servers hang on boot
    ... The last DC at that site (not a DNS server). ... EventID: 0x00000457 ... (Event String could not be retrieved) ...
  • Re: DNS Redesign Issue
    ... set the new child domain DNS server as primary for the domain controllers? ... -If you are going to create a new AD Integrated Zone in each child domain, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Internet connection wizard
    ... turn on DHCP on the workstation. ... Connection-specific DNS Suffix. ... calling CNetCommit::ValidateRouterConnectionProperties. ... Call to Reading preferred DNS server IP returned ok. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: DCDIAG DNS Failure
    ... I have looked at most of the articles you sited and I have configured DNS ... The DNS server lists only itself as the preferred server with no ... Best practices for DNS client settings in Windows 2000 Server and in Windows ... -Exchange configuration. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)