Re: Linux Forums unreachable.

On Fri, February 19, 2010 06:01, Ray Parrish wrote:
Hello,

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the Linux Forms? Here is what I
get -

>Network Timeout

>The server at www.linuxforums.org is taking too long to respond.

>The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the
browser has >stopped waiting for a reply.

I get a daily email from them with head lines, and forum post subjects
as links, and every time I try to click one, I get the can't be reached
error.

A useful tool to check if the problem is at your end is
downforeveryoneorjustme.com:
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.linuxforums.org

Seems like it's just at your end.

A friend of mine has a motto: "Everything is a freaking DNS problem". It's
actually printed on the back of his company tees. :-)
So first check your DNS server. Are you using the DNS that your ISP
provides? Try OpenDNS 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 or Google DNS:
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
Then come back with the results.

--
Amedee

  • Re: Replication issues
    ... I wanted to say Zone Transfers not Zone Forwarding. ... AD-Integrated DNS does not do zone transfers between the ... your DNS server will bypass ...
  • Re: Servers hang on boot
    ... The last DC at that site (not a DNS server). ... EventID: 0x00000457 ... (Event String could not be retrieved) ...
  • Re: DNS Redesign Issue
    ... set the new child domain DNS server as primary for the domain controllers? ... -If you are going to create a new AD Integrated Zone in each child domain, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Internet connection wizard
    ... turn on DHCP on the workstation. ... Connection-specific DNS Suffix. ... calling CNetCommit::ValidateRouterConnectionProperties. ... Call to Reading preferred DNS server IP returned ok. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RPC Endpoint Mapper Error
    ... Event Type: Warning ... I checked DNS entries with articles from Microsoft on ... PASS - All the DNS entries for DC are registered on DNS server ... List of NetBt transports currently bound to the Redir ...