Re: Linux Forums unreachable.

On Fri, February 19, 2010 06:01, Ray Parrish wrote:
Hello,

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the Linux Forms? Here is what I
get -

>Network Timeout

>The server at www.linuxforums.org is taking too long to respond.

>The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the
browser has >stopped waiting for a reply.

I get a daily email from them with head lines, and forum post subjects
as links, and every time I try to click one, I get the can't be reached
error.

A useful tool to check if the problem is at your end is
downforeveryoneorjustme.com:
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.linuxforums.org

Seems like it's just at your end.

A friend of mine has a motto: "Everything is a freaking DNS problem". It's
actually printed on the back of his company tees. :-)
So first check your DNS server. Are you using the DNS that your ISP
provides? Try OpenDNS 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 or Google DNS:
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
Then come back with the results.

--
Amedee