Re: USB to Serial Port Converters

On 2/27/2010 4:53 AM, Karl F. Larsen wrote:

A year or two ago I bought one of these, with CE FC as the
maker of this device. It does not work well at all.

I need one that reliably puts 5 volts from the USB onto the
proper serial port pin. I also need to use the serial port
XON/XOF flow control.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what to buy? My old one
provides the 5 volts for about 15 seconds and quits.

73 Karl

Unless you have a laptop, why don't you just buy a real serial port for
your computer. It will have the appropriate 15 volts on the signal pins
too.

--

Knute Johnson

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only
way to be sure." Ellen Ripley, Aliens

  • Re: USB to Serial Port Converters
    ... A year or two ago I bought one of these, ... I need one that reliably puts 5 volts from the USB onto the ... I also need to use the serial port ... CE is a European standard mark and I assume the FC is the American one. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • USB to Serial Port Converters
    ... A year or two ago I bought one of these, ... I need one that reliably puts 5 volts from the USB onto the ... I also need to use the serial port ... Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: USB to Serial Port Converters
    ... I need one that reliably puts 5 volts from the USB onto the ... proper serial port pin. ... I also need to use the serial port ... do make a single serial port PCI card that has information on ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: USB to Serial Port Converters
    ... I need one that reliably puts 5 volts from the USB onto the ... proper serial port pin. ... I also need to use the serial port ... LAVA out of Canada does a fine range of PCI& PCI Express cards for ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: USB to Serial Port Converters
    ... Karl F. Larsen wrote: ... I need one that reliably puts 5 volts from the USB onto the ... I also need to use the serial port ... do make a single serial port PCI card that has information on ...
    (Ubuntu)